7 Days from$2045 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
Enjoy a peaceful, healing break at Gwisho Hotsprings Crystal Palace, a wellness retreat located near Zambia’s Lochinvar National Park. Enjoy the many experiences on offer such as crystal therapy and nature walks as well as venture into the park to see some of the 500 bird species and wildlife. You can also see Gwisho Hotsprings inside the park where the water is extremely hot! Prior to arriving at Gwisho, spend a day and night in Livingstone where you’ll go on cultural village visits as well as see the magnificent Victoria Falls.
Safari types:Camping Safari, Cultural Safari, Well Being Safari
You will visit:Lochinvar National Park
Wildlife:Birds, Leopard, Cheetah, Hyena, Lechwe, Wildebeest
Activities:Nature Walk, Well Being
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start in Livingstone, end in Lochinvar National Park (Monze)
With busy lives and an environment full of pollutants, it can be hard to find balance in today’s world. But a stay at Gwisho Hotsprings Crystal Palace promises to restore the balance by offering a holistic program specially designed to alleviate stress and maintain optimum health through healthy eating, exercise and pampering.
Aim of the Retreat: Obtaining an optimal levelof physical wellness as well as emotional wellness with self-care, relaxation, stress reduction and management. You choose how much, or little you do and create your own experience that is true to your abilities and lifestyle goals.
Fitness level: Our staff will greet you upon arrival and talk to you about the physical, emotional and spiritual options available throughout your stay. We cater to people of all levels of fitness and abilities and much of the program is about unwinding and relaxation.
Expected outcome: You can expect to nourish your physical, spiritual and emotional self at Gwisho Hotsprings Crystals Palace. You will leave Gwisho with clarity, direction, a feeling of health and wellbeing and a desire to make positive, permanent changes in your life.
The environment: We operate in a sugar, caffeine and smoke free environment, you will most likely feel detoxification effects when they are eliminated from your diet.
What to bring: Casual easy-moving clothes for day wear, yoga/exercise gear. Casual wear for the evenings. Layering clothes in the cooler months for morning and evenings running, hiking or sports shoes with tread, casual shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent. Personal toiletries (body wash, shampoo and conditioner are supplied).
What NOT to bring: tobacco products, as there is strictly no smoking on the property. No food or beverages including sweets, caffeine or alcohol or any substance containing alcohol or caffeine are to be brought into the Retreat.
Technology: we encourage you to disconnect from technology and take a complete break from the outside world. We however allow limited use of Internet on our guest computers when necessary. This will allow you to get the full Gwisho experience and focus completely on yourself and your wellbeing.
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,045 per person sharing
Single supplement 30%
- Children 12 and under pay 50% if sharing with 2 adults.
- Children 4 and under stay free if sharing with 2 adults.
- Walking safaris are available for those aged 12 and over only.
- Participation in activities for children under 6 is at management discretion and cannot be guaranteed.
- Road transfers from Livingstone to Monze
- Accommodation – budget lodge for 1 night, camping for 5 nights
- All meals
- Activities at Gwisho Hotsprings Crystal Palace
- International flights
- Visas and travel insurance
- Park Entry Fees to Lochinvar National Park, Victoria Falls, Choma Museum and Mukuni Village – entry fees need to be paid for locally to gain access
- Personal expenses and extras
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Lochinvar and Nahubwe Safari Lodges‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Lochinvar and Nahubwe Safari Lodges‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
- 07:00–07:30 – Breakfast
- 07:30–08:00 – Travel to Mukuni village
- 08:00–12:30 – Activities; village tour, visit a traditional healer/African doctor, visit craft market
- 12:30–13:30 – Lunch break with traditional dishes
- 13:30–13-50 – Travel to the mighty Victoria Falls
- 14:00–15.30 – Enjoy a tour of the Victoria Falls – a UNESCO-listed waterfall, one of the natural seven wonders and the largest falling sheet of water of the world, Victoria Falls is perched on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia
- 15:30–15:40 – Leave for Avani Victorial Falls Resort Hotel, mock traditional village
- 15:40–17:00 – Tour the mock traditional village and see examples of a traditional African lifestyle, possible option to have your hair braided especially ladies
- 17:10–17:30 – Return to Nyembe Kaoma Backpackers for dinner and overnight
- 07:00–07: 30 – Breakfast and leave Livingstone
- 07:30–08:20 – Travel to Monze along the Lusaka – Livingstone – Lusaka T1 main road highway
- 09:30–12:00 – Arrive in Choma, the political capital city of Southern Province
- 12:00–13:00 – Tour of Choma Museum and take a lunch break
- 13:00–15:30 – Arrive in Monze and proceed to Gwisho Hotsprings Crystal Palace – a peaceful, serene, healing place sandwiched between Malundu Hills and Lochinvar National Park
- Camp at Lochinvar Safari Lodge campsite
There are a wide variety of amazing activities designed with all our guests in mind. Ranging from thrilling action to immersive and calming relaxation using natural crystals. During the retreat, you will be served daily organic and vegetarian breakfast (buffet), lunch, and dinner (you can choose one dish from the menu) and unlimited herbal water per day.
Lochinvar National Park is home to close to 500 bird species as well as the brown Kafue lechwes, cheetah, leopard, wildebeest and hyena. You can head out on a bird watching safari in the park which is organized and undertaken by Lochinvar Safari Lodge. You can also see Gwisho Hotsprings inside Lochinvar National Park where the water is extremely hot!