5 Days from$620 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
An climbing safari that will take you to the top of Mount Kenya, Africa’s second highest mountain, with stunning views of the surrounding landscapes via the Sirimon/Chogoria route. An amazing hike that begins in the Mount Kenya National Park providing an opportunity to encounter some of the parks wildlife as you make your up the foothills of the mountain. Experience magnificent sunrises and sunsets as you trek towards you goal and delight in the feelings of accomplishment when you finally summit the beautiful peak, offering a distant view of Mount Kilimanjaro. Join us on a Kenyan mountain safari that will capture your heart and send you home with cherished memories of your time so close to the heavens.
Safari types:Guided Safari, Mountain Safari, Trekking Safari
Activities:Walking Safari, Hiking
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 620 per person
- 5-day Mount Kenya trekking experience
- 4 x nights accommodation during trek
- 3 x meals per day during the trek
- English speaking mountain guides & porters
- 2-man camping tent provided
- Return transfers to & from Nairobi
- Government taxes & park fee
- Medical & travel insurance
- Personal expenses & tips
- Personal camping & hiking equipment
- Excludes accommodation in Nairobi
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Land Rail Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Land Rail Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
An early morning departure from Nairobi and a drive through the central highlands. Arrive in Nanyuki and after a light lunch you will proceed to the Sirimon gate where you will begin your trek. Hike for around 9 km’s to Old Moses Hut where you will spend the evening.
Elevation: 2,650m – 3,300m
After breakfast you will begin by walking through the Ontulili Valley before reaching and crossing the Liki and Mackinders Valleys. In the early afternoon you will reach Shipton Camp where you will spend the night.
Elevation: 3,300m – 4,200m
Spend the majority of the day acclimatising at Shipton Camp. Take a shorter hike to Hausberg Col and then descend back to the camp for the night.
Elevation: 4,200m – 4,650m – 4,200m
An early morning wake up as you head for the summit. After a tiring hike you will reach the top of the mountain at Point Lenana before sunrise. On a clear day you will be able to see Mount Kilimanjaro. Rest at the top and take some photographs before heading down to Mintos for breakfast. Later make your way down to Bandas where you will spend the night at Meru Mount Kenya Lodge.
Elevation: 4,200m – 4,985m – 4,290m – 3,000m
After breakfast you will finish your hike as you make your way down through the bamboo forest to Chogoria. Here you will meet up with your transfer and be taken back to Nairobi, arriving in the afternoon.