- 4 Days from$1235 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
Luxury, Mid Range
Visit Kenya’s most famous national park, the Maasai Mara National Reserve as well as beautiful Lake Nakuru. The Maasai Mara National Reserve is one of the best places in Africa for wildlife viewing with game drives a great way to explore the park all year round. If the big cats are what you’re looking for on your Kenyan safari, you are guaranteed to spot them in the Maasai Mara. Lake Nakuru is a rhino sanctuary with over 40 black and over 60 white rhinos as well as its famous flamingoes which form a spectacular deep pink band along the lake shore.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon, Waterbuck
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:3 years
- Trip Type: Private Guided / Group Sharing
- Lodging Level: Comfort hotels & located inside the parks
- Travel Style: Full On
- Physical Level: Vey Easy
- Itinerary Focus: Classic Highlights
- Trip Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
- Highlights: Bird Watching, Cultural Safari & Big 5 Wildlife Encounter
- Trip theme: Safari, Birding & Adventure
Rates are subject to season. Single room supplement excluded.
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,235 per person: April to mid June, November to mid December
From USD 1,755 per person: mid June to October, mid December to March
- 1 night accommodation at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge Nakuru
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Keekorok Lodge Maasai Mara
- Meals on Full Board (Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast)
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Bottled water in the van & room
- Game viewing erives
- Park entry fees in Maasai Mara & Lake Nakuru National Park
- Maasai cultural visit
- Extra lunch on last day
- Flights & visas
- Extra meals &drinks
- Language Guide (Spanish, Italian, German, French) at $100 per day
- Gratuities ($10 -30 per person per day)
- Anything not in Includes
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Samson's Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Samson's Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Early morning pick up from your city hotel then drive to Lake Nakuru National Park. Known all over the world for its flamingoes, it’s alkaline and recognized as being one of the natural wonders of the world, Lake Nakuru is now a rhino sanctuary. It’s home to a population of over 40 black and over 60 white rhinos, but the flamingos, of course, have always been the main attraction. At times there may be almost 2 million flamingos in the residence, forming a stunningly beautiful deep pink band around the edge of the lake shore. Arrive in time for lunch then have an afternoon game drive.
An early morning drive to Maasai Mara National Reserve, one of the few places left on earth where wildlife still lives comparatively undisturbed in the numbers that once roamed the plains and forests of Africa. As the northern tip of the vast Serengeti ecosystem, the Mara hosts the spectacular seasonal migration of many thousands of wildebeest, zebra and attendant predators. Arrive in time for lunch then have an afternoon game drive.
After breakfast, we have a full day of game drives, with packed lunch provided. The reserve is well known for its black-manned lion, as well as its abundant resident wildlife – its one of the few places where it’s possible to see the big five during a morning’s game drive. Many of the cheetahs are so tame they seek shelter from the hot sun under a vehicle and several even climb onto the roof to get a better view of prospective prey.
Early game drive in the beautiful Maasai Mara before departing late in the morning to Nairobi. Have lunch en route, arriving at about 5 pm for drop off at a hotel or the airport.