4 Days from$1856 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group
This safari takes you to Tanzania’s most famous national parks; Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area, all home to a huge variety of animals and birds. It’s a compact safari but packs a punch with fantastic game viewing, stunning scenery and memorable wilderness experiences such as picnic lunches under acacia trees, watching a beautiful sunrise on a game drive, enjoying sundowners in the bush.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara NP, Ngorongoro Crater
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Rhino, Buffalo, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Dik Dik, Warthog
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
Minimum age:5 years
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,856 per person
- At Escarpment Luxury Lodge, Kubu Kubu Tented Lodge & Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater meals and drinks included are breakfast, lunch, dinner, bottled water, coffee, juices, beers, wines, cocktails and sundowners; laundry (excludes Premium spirit and champagne)
- 3 bottled waters per person per day during game drives
- Transport in a 4WD vehicle with roof top and fuel
- Use of wildlife guide books, binoculars, maps etc
- Experienced English-speaking driver guide
- Unlimited game drives
- Return transfer from Dar Airport – Arusha – Dar Airport
- All park entrances fees for Lake Manyara NP and Central Serengeti
- Ngorongoro Crater service fees
- Community & conservation fees
- All applicable government taxes and VAT
- International flights and taxes
- Visa fees for Tanzania
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- Tips for driver/guide (discretionary, but expected, guideline for private guide is $10-20 per day from a group and not per person, usually you tip at the end when you shake hands farewell)
- Tips for camp/lodge staff
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Galloping Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Galloping Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Depart 08h00 from Arusha in a 4×4 for the drive to Lake Manyara National Park gate for game viewing in this unique park with its alkaline lake and breathtaking views. Here you will view a wide variety of wildlife and the acacia woodlands which offer the best overall wildlife viewing in the park. Enjoy your picnic lunches under the acacia trees. This habitat is favored by the park’s famous tree-climbing lions, leopards and giraffes and can claim the greatest elephant concentration in East Africa. Algae thrive in the high saline content of the lake. Huge and colorful flocks of birds gather in the water to feed, including many different varieties of birds that coexist together. In fact, well over 300 different species of birds have been recorded here, continue with afternoon game drive and later drive to the lush retreat of Escarpment Luxury Lodge for cocktails, dinner and overnight.
Dinner and overnight at Escarpment Luxury Lodge
After an early breakfast, depart towards Tanzania’s most famous national park, the Serengeti. The driving itself, although long, is spectacular, up into the crater highlands, making a quick stop at the rim for an out of this world view of Ngorongoro Crater – an unforgettable moment for anyone seeing it for the first time. As you progress well into Serengeti National Park, you will see why the name means ‘endless plains’ in the local language. The park has 6,900 sq. mile (18,000 sq. km) and for most of it, the plains stretch to the horizon defying your senses and perception of distances. It is the home of the Great Migration and to 2 million wildebeests, hundreds of thousands of zebras and all kinds of antelopes including the abundant impalas and Thomson’s gazelles. As for big cats and large predators, it’s the place of choice to look out for lions, cheetahs, leopards and hyenas. Many television scenes like the famous river crossing have been filmed here. Smaller animals like foxes, mongoose, honey badgers, jackals, monkeys, baboons, rock hyrax and African hares, together with more than 500 species of birds, also inhabit this park.
Dinner and overnight at Kubu Kubu Tented Lodge
Today we suggest a very early wake up in order to do an early morning game drive (when the animals are more active) and see one of the best sunrises you’ll ever witness – it really is one of the most beautiful experiences. After the game drive, we return to the camp for a rewarding brunch and then we’ll proceed to Ngorongoro, the 8th Wonder of the Natural World. The crater spreads for 102 sq. miles and has 2.000 ft high walls, making it virtually a Noah’s Ark with almost every species of wildlife indigenous to East Africa living here. It’s home to one of the greatest concentrations of wildlife on the African continent as well as one of the very rare locations where you can witness the black rhino. The crater has a river, several swamps, a soda lake with a great concentration of flamingos, a forest and open plains. It’s also famous for its elephants which are the largest in the world with huge tusks due to the rich mineral content of the volcanic soil and its grasses. You will reach Ngorongoro in time for a sundowner.
Dinner and Overnight at Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp
Early breakfast and today you will explore the famous Ngorongoro Crater during a wonderful game drive (with a picnic lunch) inside crater, which is truly a wonder of the natural world. It’s the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera and a natural sanctuary for some of Africa’s densest animal populations. As very few animals migrate in and out of the crater with its 2000 ft. high walls, you can expect to see lions, elephants, zebras, hippos, flamingos, jackals, rhinos, antelopes, many birds and other species. With a bit of luck, the big five can be spotted during the game drive. Leave the crater and drive back to Arusha.