- 4 Days from$1746 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Visit Tanzania’s popular Northern Circuit game parks on this safari: Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Southern Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Lake Manyara National Park. Travel around in custom designed 4×4 safari vehicles with open roofs for game viewing and search for wildlife including black rhino, lion, oryx, eland, hippo and much more as well as prolific bird life. You’ll also visit the Iraqw tribe cultural center to learn more about the local tribes. This is a small group seat-in-vehicle safari with a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle, all with window seats.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Lake Manyara NP, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah, Hyena, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Eland, Oryx, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Hiking, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Moshi
- Minimum age:7
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,924 for 1 person
From USD 1,746 per person for 2 people
From USD 1,417 per person for 3 people
From USD 1,252 per person for 4 or more people
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation while on safari
- Transport and game drives in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- Professional English speaking driver/guide during the safari
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- All park and entrance fees, Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee
- Current Government taxes and levies
- 24-hour support during the safari from our office in Moshi
- Flights & visas
- Meals, drinks and excursions not specified
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
- Any other items of a personal nature
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast, drive from Springlands Hotel to Tarangire National Park, which takes 3 hours. Huge herds of wildebeest, zebras, elephants, elands and oryx gather in Tarangire until the onset of the rain. In the late evening drive back to the Highview Hotel or similar (bed and breakfast).
After breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Crater for a half day game drive inside the crater. This is undoubtedly the best place to see black rhino in Tanzania as well as prides of lion including the magnificent black maned males. There are lots of colorful flamingos and variety of water birds together with other game such as leopard, cheetah, hyena, other members of the antelope family, and small mammals. In the late afternoon drive back to Highview Hotel or similar hotel (full board).
Enjoy a morning hike in the Southern Ngorongoro Conservation Area to the elephant cave and waterfall. In the afternoon visit the Iraqw tribe cultural center in Karatu to learn how the tribe protected their cattle from Maasai incursions using underground settlements. After a full day of activities, overnight at Highview Hotel (full board).
After breakfast, drive from the Highview Hotel to Lake Manyara National Park, which takes about 30 minutes. After having a picnic lunch in Manyara, you start the afternoon game drive, which is the best time to view animals here. When you approach from the east, the Rift Valley escarpment looms on the horizon forming an impressive backdrop to the lake. In the tall trees of the ground water forest, monkeys leap from branch to branch while on the escarpment elephants stand in the shade. Other animals frequently seen are zebras, impalas, monkeys, giraffes, buffalos, hippos and others. In the late afternoon drive back to Moshi for overnight at the Springlands Hotel or similar.