SAVE USD 355 per person on this safari to Rwanda, ‘Land of a Thousand Hills’, the beautiful East African country and one of only three countries where you can do mountain gorilla and golden monkey tracking, the others being Uganda and DR Congo. This safari takes place in Volcanoes National Park (Parc Nationale des Volcanoes), the center of primate tracking in Rwanda. As well as a gorilla safari, you will also have a chance to do golden monkey tracking. Golden monkeys are some of the endangered animal species according to IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature). This beautiful gold and silver-clad little monkey is always found in the bamboo section of the forest feeding. Golden monkey trekking is a new safari and few people have seen these animals in their natural habitat.
- Safari types:Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Primate Safari
- You will visit:Volcanoes National Park
- Wildlife:Mountain Gorilla, Golden Monkey, Birds
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Kigali, end in Kigali
- Minimum age:15
Price Per Person – USD
SPECIAL OFFER from USD 1,795 per person, two people travelling
SAVE USD 355 per person – normal price USD 2,150 per person, two people travelling
- Accommodation on full board basis
- Ground transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Service of an English speaking guide
- Lunch & drinking water
- Gorilla permit & golden monkey permit
- Return airport transfer
- Park entrance fees
- Flights & visas
- Personal costs
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Primate Experts Uganda‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Primate Experts Uganda‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Welcome to Rwanda – the ‘Land of a Thousand Hills’. At Kigali International Airport you will be received by our company representative and your safari guide. Your guide is very knowledgeable so please ask them anything you want to know about the country or facilities you might need. The guide will take you for a city tour and visit to Kigali Genocide Museum before setting off for Volcanoes National Park. Upon arrival, check in the lodge and then rest ready for your trek.
Today you start the day early in the morning with breakfast and packed snacks. Drive to the park headquarters for a briefing and to find out the gorilla family you will be looking for. The park authorities arrange the day’s visitors into groups before being led by the ranger guide in the forest for a lifetime experience – gorilla trekking. The duration of trekking is not certain due to a lot of determinant factors which may include the gorilla movements as they search for food. When you find them it will bring rest in your heart however hard it might have been locating them. You will spend a quality hour with them before coming back to the lodge. There is an option of visiting a cultural village in the evening.
After breakfast, you will drive to the park offices again this time for golden monkey tracking. As your guide does the registration you enjoy a Rwandan traditional dance. Then you will be led by a ranger guide for tracking and spend an hour with these endangered primates. After golden monkey trekking, you will transfer to Kigali for your flight back home or onward arrangements.