- 3 Days from$450 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This fully-catered camping safari will take you on amazing mokoro excursions along the Okavango Delta waterways and walks on the islands, the perfect opportunity to spot a huge variety of birds and animal species. You will see the vast open spaces densely covered with vegetation, grass, shrubs and palm trees forming most of the islands. The Okavango Delta is a large low gradient alluvial fan or ‘inland delta’ located in north-western Botswana. The area includes permanent swamps which cover approximately 600,000 ha along with up to 1.2m ha of seasonally flooded grassland.
- Safari types:Camping Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Walking Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Okavango Delta
- Wildlife:Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, Buffalo, Zebra
- Activities:Game Viewing, Mokoro, Nature Walk
- Getting around:Motor Boat, 4x4 Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Maun
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 900 for 1 person
From USD 450 per person for 2 or more people
- 2 nights accommodation
- All meals
- Game walks
- Mokoro excursions
- Camping fees
- Park fees
- Transfer to and from Mokoro Station
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Shipungo Safari & Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Shipungo Safari & Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be picked up from your hotel or Maun airport and be taken by motor boat or 4X4 vehicle to the mokoro station where you will be met by your professional guide. Take part in a short briefing about your trip and then begin your journey by mokoro. You will travel along the channels of the Okavango Delta and spend some hours seeing the beauty and vastness of the incredible Delta. You will then settle in at your camp on one of the many islands. Upon arrival the camp staff will have set up camp and your chef will have prepared lunch for you to enjoy before embarking on your afternoon game walk or mokoro cruise. Later in the evening you will return to the camp for dinner and your overnight stay.
You will have an early wake-up call and then take off on an exciting game walk. You will return from the game walk in the late morning and enjoy a hearty brunch. After you eat you will have time to relax in camp or ask your guides to take you for a swim depending on the season and time of year, before your afternoon mokoro excursion to experience the other parts of the Okavango Delta. Later in the evening you will return to camp for dinner and your overnight stay.
You will rise early, enjoy breakfast and then depart on your last game walk. You will return to camp where you will enjoy lunch while the staff breaks down camp. You will then check out and travel back to the mokoro station for your motor boat pick up or 4X4 vehicle to return back to Maun. This is where your safari will end.