- 12 Days from$1910 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Experience an exceptional safari, visiting the best national parks in Kenya and Tanzania on a search for the amazing wildlife that roam the east African plains. Explore the famous Masai Mara and Serengeti reserves with the opportunity to visit Maasai tribes and float over the spectacular landscapes on a balloon safari. Discover Amboseli National Park with its huge herds of elephants in the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro. Descend into the Ngorongoro Crater, an ancient volcanic structure that is home to a diverse world of wildlife for the chance to see the big five. Join us on a safari that takes you to two of the worlds greatest safari destinations for an African adventure of a lifetime.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park, Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara NP, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Hot Air Balloon, Optional Activities, Village Visit
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, 4x4 Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Arusha
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,910 per person
- Accommodation as per choice selected
- All meals except dinners in Arusha
- Transport & game drives in 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional English speaking guide/driver
- Pick-up & drop-off airport transfers
- Government taxes & park entrance fees
- 1L drinking water throughout the safari
- Flights & visas
- Travel & medical insurance
- Beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- Personal expenses & tips
- Hot air balloon safari
- Maasai village visit
- Additional activities
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Land Rail Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Land Rail Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel or from the airport before a short briefing and a drive to the famous Masai Mara National Reserve. An en-route stop to take in some of the breathtaking views of the Great Rift Valley and surrounding landscapes before lunch in Narok. Arrive in the reserve in time for a late afternoon game drive and later head to your camp after sunset.
Enjoy some breakfast at the lodge before heading out for a full day of game viewing. Explore the park in search of its many animal species while making your way to the famous migration river crossing where thousands of wildebeest attempt to cross the river. In the afternoon you will have the opportunity to visit a Maasai village or enjoy a bush walk in the reserve before heading back to camp for dinner.
An early wake up and some coffee before heading out for your morning game drive. Witness a beautiful African sunrise and track some of the big cats. Return to your lodge for breakfast before making your way to Lake Nakuru National Park. An optional en-route stopover at Lake Naivasha if you wish before heading to your lodge for the evening with some game viewing along the way.
After breakfast you will go on your morning game drive, visiting the lake where you will see thousands of flamingos, depending on the season. After some quality game viewing you will make your way to Amboseli National Park via Nairobi. Arrive at the park in time for sunset and make your way to your lodge for some dinner.
After breakfast you will leave for a full day game drive in the park. Search for the large herds of elephant that the park is famous for with amazing views of Mount Kilimanjaro in the background. If you are lucky, you may be able to see the big five which are all residents in the reserve. Enjoy a picnic lunch before continuing your game drive and later heading back to camp for the evening.
An early morning game drive for some final game viewing in Kenya. Return to the lodge for breakfast and then make your way to the Namanga border crossing. Make your way to Arusha in Tanzania on a shuttle. Arrive at your hotel for the evening where you will be able to relax for the remainder of the day and enjoy some dinner.
In the morning you will depart for Lake Manyara National Park, famous for its large flocks of flamingos and the resident tree-climbing lions. Enjoy numerous wildlife sightings throughout the day before heading to your lodge in the evening after sunset.
Make your way from Lake Manyara to the famous Serengeti National Park. Arrive in time for an afternoon game drive that will see you exploring the vast Serengeti plains that stretch across the horizon. Visit the Grumeti River for a chance to see many crocodiles and head to your lodge later in the afternoon for dinner.
An early morning game drive before leaving the park and heading to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. An en-route stopover for lunch at Olduvai Gorge for an optional museum visit where you can learn about some of the oldest early-human ancestors. Arrive in Ngorongoro in the evening and make your way to your camp for dinner.
Enjoy some breakfast before heading into the Ngorongoro Crater for an amazing game drive in one of the most diverse wildlife parks in the world. Enjoy numerous sightings including some of the last remaining black rhinos in Tanzania if you are lucky. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the crater rim before heading to Tarangire National Park for the evening.
After breakfast you will enjoy your final game drive, making your way along the Tarangire River, providing excellent game viewing. Explore all that the park has to offer before enjoying a picnic lunch in the bush. In the afternoon you will make your way back to Arusha to your hotel for the evening.
In the morning, after some breakfast, you will be taken to the airport for your flight. It can be arranged that you are taken back to Nairobi in Kenya or to Dar es Salaam on the coast.