11 Days from$4615 p/p in USD
Luxury, Mid Range
Experience the very best of Uganda on this safari and enjoy amazing highlights including chimp and gorilla trekking, game drives, boat cruises, guided walk and optional activities. Visit Murchison Falls National Park with its spectacular waterbirds; Kibale National Park, a tropical rainforest teeming with unique flora and wildlife including over 1,000 habituated chimpanzees; Queen Elizabeth National Park, a beautiful game reserve with rain forest, swamps, crater lakes and lush savannah; Bwindi Forest National Park, home to many of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas; and Lake Mburo National Park which is teeming with birds.
Safari types:Birding Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Jungle Safari, Primate Safari
You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale National Park, Lake Mburo, Murchison Falls National Park, Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, Cheetah, Zebra, Hyena, Antelope, Hartebeest, Sitatunga, De Brazza’s Monkey, Red-tailed Monkey, L'Hoest Monkey, Blue Monkey, Black-faced Vervet Monkey, Golden Monkey, Patas Monkey, Forest Pig, Ugandan Kob, Hippo, Crocodile, Duiker, Bush Buck, Jackal, Oribi
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Trekking, Boat Cruise, Horse, Bicycle, Optional Activities, Birding, Cultural Experience
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Entebbe
- Murchison Falls National Park – in the southeast part of the park the Rabongo Forest houses several chimpanzees and other rain forest creatures. The water birds of this area are especially spectacular, including the wild population of the rare shoebill stork.
- Kibale National Park – its tropical rainforest teeming with unique flora and wildlife, including over 1,000 habituated chimpanzees. Several other primate species can be found here including the blue monkey, L’Hoest’s monkey, red-tailed monkey, olive baboon, black, white, and red colobus, and white-cheeked mangabey.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park – this beautiful game reserve boasts one of the world’s highest biodiversity ratings, and offers rain forest, swamps, crater lakes and a lush savannah that is home to nearly 100 mammal species and almost 600 species of birds.
- Bwindi Forest National Park – a biodiverse, mountainous area in south-west Uganda, Bwindi Forest National Park is home to many of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, which feed on roots, leaves and fruits from the park’s many tree and fern species.
- Lake Mburo National Park – centered on a series of swamp-fringed lakes, the park is teeming with 310 recorded bird species, including 60 specialist water birds.
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 4,615 per person
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser with pop-up roof
- Game drives and activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- Services of professional and experienced safari driver guide
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance cover per person
- Land transfers
- Gorilla permit
- 2 litter bottle of mineral water on safari
- Optional activities
- All drinks
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, curios and tips
- Travel insurance and visas
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Zagas Explorer‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Zagas Explorer‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you are met by Zagas Explorer representative and transferred to your lodge.
Overnight: The Boma, dinner
You will be met and collected from your hotel in Entebbe and driven to Murchison Falls National Park. Visit the Ziwa Rhino and Wildlife Ranch en route, which has the honour of hosting the only wild rhinos in Uganda, presently 19 southern white rhinos. The ranch has become increasingly popular with tourists for rhino trekking, bird watching, nature walks and relaxation.
We will enjoy a picnic lunch before continuing the drive to the spectacular Murchison Falls, located within one of Uganda’s oldest conservation areas. Excluding the stop, the journey will take approximately 7-8 hours. Murchison Falls National Park is suited in the northern part of Albertine Rift Valley, where the massive Bunyoro escarpment amalgamates into the enormous plains of land traditionally inhabited by the Acholi people.
Overnight: Paraa Safari Lodge, full board
After an early breakfast, you will be taken on a morning game drive in Murchison Falls National Park in search of wildlife such as elephant, buffalo, giraffe, hartebeest and oribi. Continue to the launch site for a boat ride combined with a cheese and wine cruise. A highlight of any visit to Murchison Falls Conservation Area is the launch trip to view the magnificent Murchison Falls. The scheduled boat trip normally departs in the morning and afternoon. Hippos and crocodiles are abundant and you will see plenty of game and bird life. The voyage takes about three hours. Return to the lodge for lunch, followed by an evening game drive.
Overnight: Paraa Safari Lodge, full board
Embark on an early morning game drive after breakfast. Drive through the scenic Buligi area west of Paraa to the Delta Point (where the Victoria Nile passes through the northern tip of Lake Albert to become the Albert Nile), where you can expect to see elephant, buffalo, giraffe, Jackson’s hartebeest and oribi. With luck, lion and perhaps even a leopard may be sighted. A visit to the top of the Falls can be included. In the afternoon you will drive via the Albertine Escarpment of the western Rift Valley on Masindi-Hoima-Fort portal road. This will be a fairly long drive south to Hoima.
Overnight: Hoima Cultural Lodge, dinner
After an early breakfast, you will depart for Kibale National Park via Fort Portal, passing through verdant countryside and traditional homesteads and farms. Picnic lunch will be provided. Kibale National Park contains one of the loveliest and most varied tracts of tropical forest in Uganda. Forest cover, interspersed with patches of grassland and swamp, dominates the northern and central parts of the park on an elevated plateau.
In the afternoon you will go for a guided walk in Bigodi Swamp to look for different bird species like the shining blue kingfisher, blue throated roller and other rare specifies and also find the fruiting trees, which attract narina trogon, pied hornbill, yellow spotted, hair breasted and yellow-billed barbets.
Overnight: Primate Lodge, full board
After an early breakfast, you will be met and taken to the Visitor Centre for a short briefing and start of your Kibale chimp trekking experience. In the afternoon transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, understandably Uganda’s most popular tourist destination. The park has diverse ecosystems, which include sprawling savanna, shady, humid forests, sparkling lakes and fertile wetlands.
Overnight: Park View Safari Lodge, full board
After breakfast enjoy a morning game drive. In the afternoon embark on a Kazinga Channel boat cruise, then after return to the lodge for dinner.
Overnight: Park View Safari Lodge, dinner
After breakfast, enjoy game viewing via Ishasha and head to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park (the drive is approximately 4–5 hours). Enjoy an afternoon at leisure or take part in one of the various optional activities available in the area (time permitting).
Accommodation: Mahogany Lodge, full board
After an early breakfast, you will be taken to the Park Headquarters for a short briefing after which you will enter the forest and start your gorilla trek (please note that a drive may be required to your trekking starting point). The trekking can be quite strenuous, so a good walking fitness is essential!
Overnight: Mahogany Lodge, full board
After breakfast, you will depart Bwindi and drive to Lake Mburo National Park (approximately 4-5 hour drive). Enjoy a late afternoon boat cruise or take the option of a horse safari, walking safaris or bicycle safari. Later return to your lodge.
Overnight: Mihingo Lodge, full board
After breakfast, you will depart Lake Mburo and drive to Kampala/Entebbe. Time permitting you can stop for curio shopping and a photo opportunity at the Equator (approximately a 5-6 hour drive).