1 Days from$75 p/p in USD
Enjoy a beautiful hike to the top of Rwanda’s Mount Kabuye in the ‘land of a thousand hills’. Soak up the panoramic views of the surrounding landscape with its scenic hills and lakes. Along the way see the lives of the local community and visit a primary school. You will be accompanied by a local guide and porters.
Safari types:Mountain Safari
You will visit:Mount Kabuye
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kigali
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 150 per one person
From USD 75 per person for 2 people
From USD 50 per person for a group of more than 2
- Packed lunch & drinking water
- Porters and local guide
- Flights & visas
- Accommodation before and after
- Personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Beyond the Gorillas Experience‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Beyond the Gorillas Experience‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Pick up time is 6:00 am from your hotel in Kigali. Drive to Gakenke District in Northern Province, one of the areas of Rwanda which confirms that it is a ‘country of a thousand hills’. The hike up Mount Kabuye, which is 2,660 meters above sea level, starts in the morning at 8:30 am and ends at around 2:00 pm. It takes about 2.5 hours to reach the top and 2 hours getting down. While hiking enjoy the magnificent views of numerous hills in the area, stunning scenery, see the lifestyle of local people in their villages and visit Mushubi Primary School as a stopover before you reach the top of the hill. Take in the panoramic views of Burera and Ruhondo lakes and Bagenge Rock to mention a few. You will have a packed lunch and drinking water and will be accompanied by porters and local guide.
There is an option for to camp at the top of Mount Kabuye – chat to us if you’re interested.
Pick Up Point:Hotel In Kigali
Tour Duration: 10 Hours
- Departure from hotel after breakfast
- Start the hike
- Lunch at the top of Kabuye
- Finish the hike
- Trip back to Kigali and drop-off at the hotel
If you want to camp at the top of Kabuye, we request that you book early.